Resource Planning in Broadcast Production
For broadcasting corporations with fast-paced newsrooms, busy outside broadcast, production or postproduction departments, Quintiq offers multi-resource planning and scheduling capabilities in a single integrated system for the real-time planning of both staff and resources. The Quintiq Broadcast Production Planner provides the most cost-effective and productive match between operational requirements and available resources.
Using the Quintiq Broadcast Production Planner, all planners have access to the same real-time data regarding studios, equipment, available personnel, outside broadcast vehicles and current shootings. All resource availability information is integrated into one centralized location, which greatly simplifies the scheduling process and eliminates overbooking of resources.
Learn more about the Quintiq Broadcast Production Planning in the Broadcast Production Planning Brochure.
The mobility of recording facilities and resources and the geographical spread of locations add another factor to the Outside Broadcast production planning puzzle: logistics.
Besides finding the optimal balance in resource utilization (staff, equipment, vehicles and studio’s), the Quintiq solution also supports OB production planners in finding the most optimal way to disposition their resources across the globe.
Key features and benefits
- ‘What-if’ scenario based strategic planning - Determine future market trends against available capacity and resources
- Competence-based employee planning - Assign staff according to required skills
- Multi-depot equipment management for one or more decentralized warehouses - Manage assets such as outside broadcast vehicles and studios more efficiently and reduce equipment use and employ fewer external resources
- Cost reductions - Reduce operation costs by as much as 10%. Achieve the most cost-effective and productive match between operational requirements and staff and resource availability
- Control over multiple Individual and Collective working agreements - working regulations and norms, contract hours and labour laws, in order to maximise staff productivity
- Full Logistic planning capabilities - automatically calculate travelling distances, time of travelling, route optimization, determining optimal set of vehicles etcetera to reduce logistic costs
- Resource assignment based on geographic coding - Optimum selection of resources by nearest location, thus maximising resource utlization relative to the events being planned.
The flexibility and intelligence you need
Quintiq understands that each organization has its own planning preferences and requirements. The Quintiq Broadcast Production Planner can be configured to fit your unique business model and company logic. Using advanced algorithms and built-in intelligence, the software creates optimal schedules specifically designed to meet the needs of your organization. In addition, the Quintiq Broadcasting Production Planner supports strategic management decision and deployment analyses. The result: greater control and efficiency.