OB Production Planning
Ever smaller production budgets increase the external pressures to lower program production costs while maintaining quality levels and respecting delivery schedules. This means that the need for intelligent planning and scheduling of OB resources is immediate. More and more Outside Broadcast production companies are finding it harder to meet these challenges with the traditional industry planning solutions available on the market.
The Quintiq Broadcast Production Planner offers multi-resource planning and scheduling capabilities in a single integrated system for the real-time planning of both staff and resources. It provides the most cost-effective and productive match between operational requirements and available resources.
Outside Broadcasting companies deal with the added dynamics of mobile recording facilities and a geographical spread of locations. In order to further reduce cost significantly the Quintiq system supports integrated logistic planning & disposition of both internal and external resources.
Key Features and benefits of OB Production Planning
- Full Logistic planning capabilities - automatically calculating travelling distances, time of travelling, route optimization, determining optimal set of vehicles etcetera to reduce logistic costs
- Resource assignment based on geographic coding - optimum selection of resources by nearest location, thus maximising resource utlization relative to the events being planned
- Skill and cost based employee planning - assign staff and freelancers according to required skills and rates
- ‘What-if’ scenario based strategic planning - for example determining future market trends against available capacity and resources
- Shared collaborative planning capabilities - An open planning system that gives customers and freelancers access to parts of the planning system, which will improve customer & partner satisfaction, by providing real-time planning transparency
- Freelancer job bidding - Allowing a selected group of pre-screened freelancers to bid on event/work offers, this will reduce cost of hiring freelancers
- Control over multiple Individual and Collective working agreements - working regulations and norms, contract hours and labour laws, in order to maximise staff productivity