Field Service Workforce Planning and Resource Scheduling
Field service management requires the integration of information, people and resources. When the task involves matching many people with even many more jobs while juggling resource availability, the complexity far outstrips the capabilities of white boards, spreadsheets and most field service automation software programs.
Companies that lack a complete overview of total resource availability suffer from excessive employee or equipment idle time or under-availability, long or repeat service calls and delayed response times. This all adds up to poor business performance, low customer satisfaction and high operating costs.
Field Service Resource Planning Benefits
Integrated field service resource planning can help you streamline operations, reduce response times and lower operating costs. The Quintiq Field Service Planning & Optimization solution integrates your organization's business information, personnel and resources to provide accurate multi-resource planning.
- Improve utilization of resources (employee, equipment, materials and vehicles)
- Reduce response times - Gain important insight into service urgency and resource statuses
- Improve SLA compliance
- Reduce the time needed to create and revise operational plans
- Improve the quality of the operational plan
- Improve communication of operational plans and revisions (via PDA’s, Web Access)
- Avoid unnecessary investments in employees, equipment and vehicles through optimized planning