How do you ensure that your intermodal services are competitively priced, meet all delivery requirements, and safeguard profit margins? A large fleet operating across a wide geographical region offers an overwhelming number of possibilities, involving multiple routes, modes of transport, and costs. It is beyond the capacity of legacy systems and manual planning techniques to generate the optimal solution to this planning puzzle.
In order to create the best possible plans, planners must have an overview of all available and utilized assets. Planners also need an overview of the capabilities, rules and constraints relating to each asset. Finally, planners require visibility across the entire route network, allowing them to understand the consequences of planning decisions in order to optimize asset utilization. This requires Quintiq intermodal planning software, which offers full end-to-end visibility, and reflects the unique constraints, key performance indicators (KPIs), and characteristics of your organization.
Planning your intermodal operations with Quintiq enables you to:
- Optimize utilization of your fleet to minimize empty trips
- Gain full visibility of current and future operations, including fleet capacity, orders, and transit times
- Incorporate all the unique rules and constraints of your business and your customers
- Define your key performance indicators and generate plans which favour those KPIs
- Explore recommended plans before choosing and refining the plan which meets your priority KPIs
- Simulate what-if scenarios and understand the impact on KPIs
- Offer accurate quotes and delivery time slots to your customers
- Handle with ease last-minute orders and day-of-operations disruptions