A pool is an independent entity created to offer owners and customers the advantages of a large-scale operation. The participants share a belief in the "pool" concept with its emphasis on transparency and timely reporting. They benefit from the experience of a strong independent commercial team, which works to utilize vessels to their best advantage with creative scheduling.
Finding the most profitable balance between the pool and its participants is a complex puzzle. Working with a pool brings up the important question of defining which aspects of a vessel should count in the pool points.
In contrast to the traditional pool point calculation systems and standard schedulers, Quintiq supports schedulers:
- To look further ahead and work with real-time key performance indicators
- To create more transparency, internally but also towards the pool members
- To inform planners on potential conflicts or new opportunities
- To assess potential new cargoes in the marketplace
- With cargo allocation support based on utilization levels, network optimization, pool points, market information, constraints, etc.
- To define optimal vessels for the right cargoes (holistic approach)
- To assign vessels with a fair balance of revenues between participants
- On vessel swapping and/or charter in/out
- On dynamic rescheduling
- With what-if scenario capabilities enabling the optimal scenario to be executed, or defining optimal fleet size or vessel mix, or seeing the impact of bunker prices