Parcel & Express
Parcel and express operators race against time, traffic and weather without compromising the quality of packages. It takes a great deal of planning for operators to maintain fuel efficiency, optimize delivery routes and coordinate time-sensitive packages, while ensuring guaranteed service levels are achieved. Maintaining a competitive edge in this fast-paced industry requires more than just a feasible plan.
Do you have the tools required to compete in terms of reliability, speed and cost-effectiveness?
The Quintiq solution incorporates multiple networks by planning across air and shipping schedules, sorting centers, road networks and pick up and delivery (PUD) services. Drawing on the world’s most advanced optimization techniques, Quintiq’s parcel and express planning handles all network disturbances and changes up to the very day of operation. From dispatching parcels to depots, sorting packages to the correct destination, shipping medical supplies or endangered animals to delivering off the beaten path, Quintiq optimizes your logistics operations from start to end.
Quintiq’s parcel and express planning enables you to:
- Reduce fuel consumption and lower CO2 emissions through more efficient tours and improved first-time delivery rates
- Achieve significant cost savings from increased resource utilization and productivity
- Incorporate all business-specific rules including delivery address characteristics and constraints
- Ensure optimal network-wide resource utilization by balancing forecasted needs with resources available including vehicles, depots/hubs, charters and drivers
- Align workforce supply with demand and generate optimal labor rosters based on delivery schedules
- Respond quickly to disturbances on delivery routes through integration with navigation and telematics systems
Opt for a platform that gives you valuable insights into the impact of future events on your operations, enabling you to make informed planning decisions.
“Quintiq will become the global standard for planning and dispatching for DHL Express. This will enable us to further consolidate and reduce operating cost of systems, procedures and pick-up-and-delivery,”
Charlie Dobbie, EVP Global Network Operations, DHL Express
Read about Quintiq’s role in the dynamic route planning of Deutsche Post DHL’s SmartTruck project, sponsored by the DHL Innovation Center.
"With the choice for Quintiq we now have a platform for all our IT planning applications within TNT Express and can thereby also increase our customer service levels,"
Nigel Barton, Director Strategic Operations, TNT Express
Find out how TNT Express improved productivity, tracking and tracing as well as customer servicing with Quintiq.
Become the market leader in a highly competitive landscape
Download the parcel and express delivery planning brochure to find out how Quintiq can help you improve service reliability in these challenging market conditions.