Times are changing. The balance of mail and parcel volumes is shifting, wages are rising and labor is poorly utilized. The critical need to achieve financial control is greater than ever. Postal operators are currently evaluating all aspects of operations to identify potential cost savings.
Do you have the tools needed to make timely and accurate planning decisions based on anticipated mail volumes?
In this dynamic environment, cost management, resource optimization, exceptional customer service delivery and the ability to adjust quickly to market changes are vital to the success of your organization. From mail collection and delivery to time-definite parcel delivery or full contract logistics, Quintiq helps you meet your challenges by providing an integrated set of advanced and adaptive planning systems that are a 100%-fit with your operations.
Quintiq’s postal planning enables you to:
- Increase operational efficiency through integrated planning where real-time coordination is used to assign tasks to workers for the day of execution
- Create plans that take multiple factors into account including time and leave policies, labor contracts and weekly trends in sick leave
- Achieve significant savings in sorting costs due to better volume-capacity balancing
- Improve utilization of capacity through efficient assigning of machines, vehicles and personnel on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Obtain company-wide visibility into operations from the strategic level down to the operational level for effective planning
- Incorporate all business-specific rules including delivery-address characteristics and constraints
Quintiq’s postal planning solution empowers you to make optimal use of resources. Improve service quality, flexibility and reach and successfully introduce new services – with maximum cost effectiveness.
“We wanted a first-class planning solution which could solve multiple complex and dynamic operations in a single platform … At this moment, there is no doubt Quintiq will give us a unique competitive edge in our geographical logistics market”
Mikko Särkkä, Head of Regional IT, Itella Logistics
Learn how Quintiq’s integrated planning solution has provided Itella Logistics with a clear advantage over its competition.
Do your postal operations have the versatility to profit from market changes?
Download our postal logistics planning brochure to gain valuable insights into key features that enable your operations to achieve a healthier profit margin.