Good public transport revolves around punctuality, customer service and employee satisfaction. Changing market conditions have put pressure on operators to reduce costs but still comply with the agreed service levels of local authorities. By improving integrated planning capabilities, public transport operators can make optimal use of their existing resources, while making sure their employees are satisfied with the offered rosters and schedules.
The Quintiq application suite is an advanced and integrated software solution for all planning tasks within your organization such as:
- Annual leave planning, rostering and shift scheduling
- Resource capacity planning
- Task scheduling
- Real-time event management
- Maintenance planning.
For public transport companies that operate buses, trams, metros or ferries and need to optimize timetables and routes, create lifestyle friendly rosters for drivers and staff and incorporate maintenance of rolling stock while scheduling, Quintiq provides and application suite that integrates all planning challenges in one system.
Key Features and Benefits
- Resource utilization optimization - Optimally schedule your rolling stock
- Skill based planning - Schedule drivers while taking into consideration skills, route knowledge and preferences
- Optimized timetables - Create demand driven timetables and balance customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Employee preferences support - Increases employee satisfaction, retention and efficiency
- Daily operational control - Confidently handle real-time disturbances and schedule changes
- Reporting and management data - Receive valuable data to support accurate decision making
- Customizable interfaces - Meet the different planning needs of multiple planners
- KPI analyses - Gain insight into the effects planning has on business goals.